cheap car hire
Aberdeen has for a long time been hugely popular with tourists and day trippers, with a wealth of facilities and cultural attractions to suit all tastes. Thousands of visitors flock to this place because of the various flavours it has to offer for its guests. What’s more, cheap car hire at Aberdeen Airport makes it easy to travel around the city. Not sure what to do in Aberdeen? Follow our to-do list and you’re sure to have a blast.
There are a lot of awesome spots here, which can fetch a handful of beautiful memories for you to cherish.
1) Aberdeen art gallery: Aberdeen art gallery has a lot of fine and rare collections of art such as paintings and sculpture. Its collections are old because it is dated back to the 15th century. It has up to the minute collections of them as well. This rare collection of ancient to contemporary collections really offers a feast to everybody’s eyes. This gallery has now been closed down now for redevelopment so is not accessible to anybody till winter 2017.
2) Marischal College: The whole building is standing tall and royal with the perfect blend of two magnificent styles namely Perpendicular Gothic and simple architecture. This college is the second largest granite building in the world. This building is used as the headquarters of the Aberdeen City Council since the year 2011.
3) Aberdeen beach: This beach is located at a stone’s throw distance from the City Centre. This is the most favoured places for sightseers as well as inmates of the city. This place provides a lot of facilities like parks, cafes, restaurants and cinema theatres. This place is accessible by public transport and if you drive your own vehicle there is parking facility as well. If you are fond of pets you can take them along with you.
4) Knockando Woolmill: From the year 1784 Knockando Woolmill has been manufacturing tweeds and blankets. This old wool mill is located on the banks of the river Knockando. When you visit this site, you can witness the whole process of yarn being made into clothes. This mill has been recognized as a site of Historic importance and a significant amount was pumped into this wool mill in the form of funds.
5) Aberdeen Town House: This townhouse is very old and dates back to the late 19th century and it has the beauty of the 19th century. It is built with Kenmay stone by skillful artists such as Peddie and Kinnear. These two people have built this beautiful marble building and it assists a lot of people by acting as a landmark for locating places in and around it. It makes people wonder about the huge wealth this city had by simply looking at the internal decor of this structure.